Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tomorrow is the big day....

I go back to the doc to find out what the MRI told him. I wish I could say I'm not nervous, anxious, scared, excited and many other things....but, i can't. This ordeal began in January with a little tingle in my left shin during a 15 mile training run on Robins AFB. From there it obviously became a stress fracture because two sets of xrays by two different doctors has confirmed that. The whole start again stop again thing with my running has been a struggle. Buying a mountain bike to cross-train while i was told not to run has been fun and frustrating. Frustrating because of the hills I tumbled down. Fun because I have had a blast reliving some of the same feelings I had back in my motox days (1976-1984 competitively).

So, tomorrow is a big day....many unknowns....why has my leg not healed? what is the lump i discovered on the 4th of july just to the side of the infamous 'knot' i've had since Snickers? when will i run again? will I be able to run again?

No comments: