Saturday, September 26, 2009

I need to be more regular....

with updating this blog! not that other 'regular' thing...of course, a couple of NuWay chilidogs usually takes care of that. Gosh that was gross...sorry....

I do apologize for not posting recently. Since I spend my entire workday in front of a computer screen (three of them actually) you can imagine that last thing I want to do in the evenings is get on here for fun. I will try to be more timely in my posts.

My recovery is going well I suppose. I was alternating bike and run days but have changed that up this week. My plan is to run 5 days a week and ride 1 (maybe 2) days. I've set a new goal for myself. Drop down to 170 lbs. It's a lofty goal. But, 28 months ago I set a lofty goal of running a marathon and I did it. So, dropping the weight will happen...because I know something....Philippians 4:13...."I can do ALL things through Christ which strengthens me."

Shoes are a good topic to touch on. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to be in the right shoe. I highly recommend going to a store to be fitted in the right shoe. RunFit is the only local stores to Macon and Warner Robins that I know who can do a proper fitting. "But they are just running shoes Tommy?' If you had asked me that 20 years ago I would've said yes. Technology and manufacturing processes have dramatically changed athletic shoes. One of the biggest mistakes I see parents making with their child's shoes is not seeking professional and qualified fitting. So many adults think they can just go out running in the same shoes they mow the lawn with or, worse, shoes they've had for 10 years. Please don't do this. Get fitted in the right shoe for you before you step foot outside to run/jog or walk.

T

No comments: